Monday, December 6, 2010

Truth and priorities...

I have a wonderful, beautiful, single, smart, caring friend who is in the health care profession.    She owns her own successful business.  Like all of us she is imperfect.  A huge surprise to no one.  Least of all me when I look in the mirror.  She recently invited me to a fund raiser she was hosting at her place of business.   The title of the event was "Santa Paws."    Kinda cute given the season as long as you forget the reason.  LOL.

The invitation read ".... is inviting you to a Holiday “Pawty” benefitting rescue dogs. "   

I love my friend and it has been my pleasure to walk with her through life.  She is hoping for a good long term relationship with a man but keeps getting "sidetracked" by losers.

I sent her a check for fifty bucks and left the  "To" line blank.   I also sent her two pictures in the envelope.

One of a starving child.
and one of a starving dog.

I asked if by feeding a starving dog was she taking food out of starving child's mouth.  It will be interesting to see who/what she makes the check out to.   I love her compassion.  I can't help but wonder if what I judge to be her misplaced priorities in this matter are part of her inability to separate the "loser" guys she dates from the "good" ones.

1 comment: